2.8
Level of Comfort
Quality of Food
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

My family from Georgia, the McCowell family, was visiting us here in PA to attend our daughter's High School Graduation. On the way back home, at approximately 10:30am, they stopped to order food and drinks at the Dunkin Donuts drive-thru @ the Flying J Truck stop on the Carlisle Pike in Mechanicsburg, PA.

The children were having trouble deciding what they wanted and changed their minds a couple times. The man taking the order, evidently thought his microphone was off after taking the order, and loudly said "Stupid *** Rednecks" along with some other generally rude comments. My family then drove around, parked and went inside to confront the individual who took the order.

They ended up getting their meal at no charge, but the totally inappropriate and rude comments by this individual have left a mental scar on my family, and puts us in the position of deciding if we wish to ever go to Dunkin Donuts again, and we are considering filing a law suit. I am so disgusted by the treatment my family received, and by the negative impression this individual has left with my family from Georgia, about how Pennsylvanians treat people visiting from out-of-state.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Treatment my family received at the drive-thru window.

Comments

Without proof of the act no lawyer will touch it. It would be a loss as the corporate machine can throw more lawyers at it then the average person can.

Consider it a win getting the free food.

Then don’t go back again ever. Use the power of your wallet to prove your point.

Lawsuit under what grounds? The employee was horrible but you've gotten free food now. An apology and termination of the employee would be appropriate but you don't get to profit financially from this.