I'm inquiring about an incident at Dunkin Donuts this morning, February 17, 2009 at 250 Broadway, NYC location. I had a Dunkins Donuts coupon for a "FREE medium Dunkaccino". When I handed the coupon to the cashier, he said, I had to make a purchase in order to use coupon. I told him that coupon indicates "no purchase necessary". He replied "this is our store rule". I just left the store without saying another word to avoid any further conflict. The coupon doesn't say "store policy rules vary by location".

I am very disappointed about this issue for the simple reason that on the coupon it clearly states no purchase necessary only. I don't see why I should be given a hard time for a free drink per my coupon. You should have some type of announcement placed against the wall for customers to view regarding store or coupon policy's perhaps that would be helpful.

Review about: Dunkin Donuts Cashier.

Had an Experience with Dunkin Donuts?

Comments

Be sure to check down on the bottom of the coupon. While it most likely won't say the store policy part, as that will vary from franchise to franchise, check the area. I work in a store in the middle of NH and we get coupons that say "New York, Connecticut, and Western Massachusetts" all the time.

most dunkins are owned by franchises, they don't even have to serve you let alone take coupon. :grin