I visited Dunkin Donuts in their West Haven store on Captain Thomas Blvd on April 27th 2008 and had an extremely disturbing experience.Upon ordering we received a very condescending and arrogant comment by a sales associate named Dave that my fiancé and I spoke very good English without an accent.

We informed him that we were both born in the US and he again commented on how we still speak with no accent and how he finds that surprising. I find this to be a very ignorant remark based on the color of my skin. He assumed that since we are not what he thinks of as an "American", that we would have an accent and speak differently than he does. This is an offensive remark in and of itself.

When I asked another associate named Angel what this sales associate's name was, she asked why and I told her I was not sure why the cashier felt the need to point out that I spoke without an accent and she proceeded to become very defensive and turned vulgar in her language. The managers, Pam, had to ask her to the back room as she continued to gesture and scream obscenities at us and told my fiancé and me to go back to our country which happens to be the United States of America. I explained the situation to the manager and Angel appeared from the back room for a second time, threatening both of us and screaming obscenities and again had to be asked to go into the back room.

I have never been this blatantly discriminated against or treated in such a vulgar way by any business establishment.

I fear Dunkin Donuts is not steadfast in their commitment to customer service and human decency if such people are allowed to work and represent their establishment. My fiancé and I are hard working, educated, and civilized citizens of the US and expect to be treated with respect when we walk into a Dunkin Donuts store.

Not only were both associates Angel and Dave very discriminating, Angel took it one step further and was threatening and rude.

Review about: Dunkin Donuts Manager.

Had an Experience with Dunkin Donuts?

Comments

Nuuk, Vestgronland, Greenland #23797

Toby, I have a feeling there is more to this story than what is being told.

Normanby, Queensland, Australia #23787

I find this complaint very hard to believe.